Display Advertising Advanced exam covers intermediate-to-advanced best practices for advertising on YouTube/ Google Display network and is based on the following topics from GCP Help:
- Diplay ads on the Google Display network
- Display ads on Youtube
- Display ads on mobile devices
Multiple choice exam contains approximately 90 questions. You will be given 120 minutes to answer them. Current passing score is 70%.
Display advertising is effective way to capture your customers’ attention with video/image/animated ads that appear alongside website publisher content.
Here are some points to remember for Adwords Display exam:
- Display advertising helps to reach potential customers who are not yet actively searching on your product or brand, but who are engaging with online content that is contextually related to your to your area of business. To reach customers who are actively searching for something in Google Search, you should choose Search network.
- Adwords offers 2 properties where display ads are eligible:
- Google Display Network (Adsense and DoubleClick Ad Exchange programs)
- Youtube (an auction-based model and reservation-based model)
- Some tools that can provide you with valuable insights into your campaign’s performance: AdWords Conversion tracking, View-through Conversions, Google Analytics.
- To identify ad placements your audience is likely to visit use Google Display network Ad Planner tool
- Placement Performance report with Conversion Tracking can help advertisers to evaluate effectiveness of individual placements (click through rate, conversions, bounce rate) and filter-out ineffective ones.
- Site and category exclusion tool with negative keywords can help advertisers to avoid showing their ads on certain websites or content within the Google Display network.
- To identify target audience advertiser can:
- Select contextual targeting method and use keywords to automatically match ad to the content of a certain webpage.
- Use Placement Targeting and manually choose ad placements from certain web pages.
- Use combination of two methods mentioned above.
- Define certain interest categories. For example, advertiser could add Autos & Vehicles and People & Society interest categories to your ad group. That way, he could show an image ad that associates a family-oriented lifestyle with certain car brand to auto website visitors who’re also interested in parenting.
- Choose specific demographic category, location and time.
- Exclude irrelevant web pages and content.
- Frequency capping feature that sets a limit on a certain number of impressions per user.
- Ad Scheduling can help advertiser to ensure that ads will reach the audience at the right time.
- Know Display Ad Builder best practices.
- View-through conversions can provide additional level of insight into effectiveness of your display campaigns
- To improve your Quality Score when advertising on display network, you should
- Try different variations of your ad (its text, call-to action, colors), monitor the CTR of your ad to know user engagement.
- Analyze your landing page and its relevance to the ad
- Ensure that your keyword list has keywords that relate to a single, clear, specific theme so that your ad is as targeted as possible
- Know different ad formats available (GDN and Youtube ad types).